Thursday, November 29, 2007

An Uplifting Experience

On Black Friday, I bought a new bra (now you know why this is another post without pictures). Not the typical day after Thanksgiving purchase, but it was an additional 40% off. (I swear, the phrase "additional percent off" is like crack cocaine to me--not that I've ever used crack. . .)

In addition to the high from the sale price, this bra changed my life more dramatically than anything in recent memory. Honestly. It didn't just uplift my bosom, it literally lifted my spirits. The girls were lifted and separated. I felt like I'd lost 10 pounds--instantly! I was perkier and had more energy. I flaunted my new and improved ta-tas to my husband. I wondered why on earth I'd been wearing useless, ordinary pieces of fabric for months. In general, I felt fabulous for four days. Until last night while getting ready for bed, with said bra on, my husband noticed a hole in the back strap. Horrors!

After the initial letdown, I'm still undeterred. I will find a replacement, and soon. See, I've been converted. I am a believer. Next time I need a little pick me up, I'm passing on the Dr. Pepper and even, possibly, the chocolate. I'm buying a new bra. And I sure as heck am getting this model again!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh the power of a good purchase. I really need to go bra shopping, it has been way to long for the little sisters.

sara said...

You're right, it is great getting a new one after being so accostumed to the same old tired ones for months!

This story reminded me of the time you weighed the girls, in Provo... or maybe that was a regular event?

I would love to see pictures of Kristin's kids or her blog; I bet those are some cute boys too! How fun to have so many boy cousins.

Jessica said...

I think we need a picture, to properly appreciate.

(and you are a very good writer, btw)

Laurie said...

That was not a regular event Sara!