
The time has come.
The time is now.
I cannot eat you anyhow.
Ahh, you do taste sublime,
With chips hint-of-lime,
But we must wait for another time.
The time is now.
I cannot eat you anyhow.
Ahh, you do taste sublime,
With chips hint-of-lime,
But we must wait for another time.
There comes a time in every pregnancy when you lose certain things.
Your waistline.
Your navel.
Your mind.
Your favorite new bra.
Your desire to shave any part of your body.
Your dignity (no, I'm not (gasp) working out, (gasp) I'm just (gasp) making my bed).
Your modesty (sure, let the interns check too, anyone else out in the hall want a peek?).
Your waistline.
Your navel.
Your mind.
Your favorite new bra.
Your desire to shave any part of your body.
Your dignity (no, I'm not (gasp) working out, (gasp) I'm just (gasp) making my bed).
Your modesty (sure, let the interns check too, anyone else out in the hall want a peek?).
However, losing my ability to eat anything free from heartburn and severe acid reflux is probably the thing I lament the most. After Cinco-de-Mayo celebrations concluded and I spent most of Monday night paying for my indulgences, I realized that the time to make certain sacrifices has come. Along with the time for regular Pepcid AC dosing.
So adios for now my love; I'll see you in September.

11 comments:
Very funny post! I loved the reference to one of my favorite songs too!
Bummer. That's so not fun.
This post was SO funny. And really, I'm not trying to rub it in by posting pics of Paige. it's just all I've got. ;) And the pig tails ARE cute.
OH Laurie, do I not miss the heartburn!! I went through quite a good amount of Tums this past pregnancy and do not envy you a bit.
Good luck, my friend.
I hear you, it seems that the heartburn has hit earlier with every one for me, which is so sad.
It will be a happy reunion in September :) Have your hubby bring you some during your hospital stay ;)
I love your writing...especially the description of the (gasp) making the bed...
Oh, I'm so sad for you. That salsa con queso is my favorite thing to eat when I'm pregnant. Heartburn sucks!
Oh man how did I miss this post on Friday?? You are SO witty my dear. But I am very sorry for your loss. I'll eat your share of heartburn-inducing foods for you so that Tostitos' stock won't be affected.
Happy Mother's Day!
Laurie you are so eloquently hilarious! I love it!
Sorry about your heart burn though, just make up for it while nursing by eating twice as much... at least that's been my practice.
Love the poem! I had heartburn only with my last pregnancy. I heard a myth though that if you have heart burn particularly bad your baby will have lots of hair. Now, I don't believe most of those stories but Elayna has been my only baby with hair and my friends that have had heart burn confirm those conclusions. I'm curious if that theory works for you too!
I have been working a ton and am catching up on blogs today. You are so funny Laur....I forgot about your heartburn :)
You are too funny, Laurie! I love it!!
Post a Comment