Lately I've been eating ice cream every night after the boys go to bed. It's to help me make sure #4 is still kicking. Honest.
Lately I've been letting my kids play WAY TOO MUCH xbox. Maybe Santa should bring a Wii.
Lately I've been trying to finish thank you notes.
Lately I've been trying to decide on a new diaper bag from the sale at Pottery Barn Kids. What's your vote: THIS or THAT?
Lately I've been debating which is the cooler birth date: 8/16/08; 8/18/08; or 8/20/08. But seriously, after 8/8/08 came and went, does it even matter?
Lately I've been thinking it's time for a new pedicure.
Lately I've been arranging bets with my children: Will Gabe's loose tooth fall out before my baby does? Will Jacob start kindergarten before the baby gets here? Will Nate ever give up his fervent hope that we'll name baby brother Sophia or Lightning McQueen?
Lately I've only been comfortable when my house is 68 degrees or less. Preferably less.
Lately I've been staying up much too late watching the Olympics. And pondering the fact that a 34-year-old mother of two from Davis, CA made her Olympic debut on the equestrian team. And wondering how strenuous archery might prove to be, and if there's still time.
Lately I've postponed folding the freshly washed infant clothes for the past four days. I've also postponed finishing the binding on #4's "Noah quilt."
Lately I've been calling my friend/counselor several times a day with things I don't want to forget about for Primary after I lose my mind. Things like: This new CTR boy has type 1 diabetes--do not let anyone give him food; This person will be a good substitute pianist while ours is out having her baby in November; and The white trundle girl bed is on sale at Costco, just in case you wanted to buy it.
Lately I've been appreciating that friend more and more.
Lately I've given up on potty training Nate. In large part because he only likes to go potty in public restrooms. No amount of bribery works at home.
Lately I've been happy to learn my boys were assigned to the teachers I requested. Glad to see a return on all my volunteering.
Lately I've been noticing Nate has "bed head" a lot. So tonight we got new school haircuts for all the boys. I'm only missing Nate's curls a little bit.
What have y'all been up to lately?
Thanks for the idea Kate; as you can see I just couldn't stop myself.

12 comments:
Great Pictures, thank you for posting.
Statistical Search Engine for Internet Marketing
Build Blog Traffic Free
ADD URL FREE
Over 6,000 backlinks free
This was a great post Laurie. I will definitely be stealing the idea sometime. You really should write a book because you have a definite talent....you always make me laugh. I loved spending time with you last month....for sure we will not let three years go by. I missed you :)
Oh yeah, now I saw the diaper bags (didn't come through on the email). I like the polka dots...now what name will you embroider? :0)
I like the brown bag, so cute. Love the boys haircuts, and I reall think you deserve another pedi. Good luck with the count down.
Loved the post. And I love the polka dots. Seriously great price. I'm thinking I might need one. And I am going to look at the decorations you mentioned next.
It's good to stay busy. Makes time go faster. I like 08-18-08. My oldest has 02-12-02. Easy to remember and oh so catchy. So... have the baby on MONDAY. ;)
Go with the Polka dots, that's my vote :) This post cracked me up! I love the boys haircuts too, so cute!
Okay so, I just bought the chocolate one. The polka dot one, though very, very cute, lacked a zipper to close the top. A travesty.
I love that you bought the chocolate one.
I loved this post. I laughed at the one that said,"Will Gabe's loose tooth fall out before my baby does?"
So...at this point I feel like a ticking time bomb...ya know...ready to blow at any minute...I hope you are feeling okay...I am sorry about the Braxton-Hicks.
You are such an entertaining girl--love it!
I think the second bag looks a lot more practical than the first--good decision :)
Laurie....I vote for August 21 since that is my birthday!!! (I know that wasn't one of the options and you would probably prefer an earlier date but I'm hoping for the 21st)
I love this "lately" post! It makes me start thinking. . . . what HAVE i been doing lately? Of course, there's nothing that slows time more than waiting for a baby to arrive!!! Best of luck!!! I can't wait to hear all about him!
first - I like the "this" diaper bag the best - just looks more fun. Second - the last few weeks feels like you'll always be pregnant and yes, go get another pedicure. keep us posted.
Such a great post!
Post a Comment