Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Memory Tag

My sister just posted this and I thought it looked like fun.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

Think, think, think.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

AH Laurie where do I start?

Doing my hair for church on Sunday's, for Christmas morning, for dances.

Your face when Missy walked up the driveway.

Helping me through the temple the first time.

We'll end for now with one of my favs, you kicking and screaming in the driveway because you couldn't get your hair done right for the play you were in.

rachel said...

Meeting you and your sisters at Steve and Mel's wedding... you guys were SO FUN!!!

Carolee said...

I remember Val and I bringing all our dates over to your place since it was much cooler than the dorms. One time in particular you helped us make delicious chicken parmesan that really impressed the guys. I know I never could have pulled that off without you!

Valerie said...

Oh, Laurie, I have so many. I, too, remember you doing my hair and making me pretty on Sundays. I remember watching you put on your make-up too and then trying to mimic the way you did it after you'd leave to go on dates. I remember all your fun parties you had at the house when you were in high school and all your guy friends I had crushes on. I remember listening to Garth Brooks with you when I'd visit you in college. And I remember dancing with you to "The Devil Went Down in Georgia", and Bob Marley's "Don't Worry About a Thing," and "Give Me a Man After Midnight". Thanks for the great memories, it's been so great to grow up with you.

danrdavis said...

They are countless:
Soaking eggs in vinegar weeks before the last day of school so we could throw them at the bus (what a great mentor); witnessing dad throw himself back in his recliner and flipping over, nearly rolling down the stairs; instructing me on how to dim my flashlight with a sock so mom and dad wouldn’t wake up whilst we admired the Christmas goodies that Santa left (sometimes as early as 3 a.m.); how to wax the batmobile (our black 64 Ford Ranchero), which wasn’t dissimilar from Mr. Miyagi’s “Wax on…Wax off!” technique; and finally, riding Big Thunder, the Matterhorn Bobsleds and Space Mountain more than six times EACH at Disneyland, the day after BYU won the men’s Volleyball National Championship in southern California.

Lauren in GA said...

I commented on your blog because I loved some of the funny comments you left on Jessica R.'s blog. I thought you were very funny!

And I laughed at the, "Tale of the Tomato Licker."

sara said...

Jogging together through the streets of Provo in 1999 and having a cryptic conversation wherein you were trying to figure out if Aaron & I were "trying." Seems so silly now that I tried to keep it a secret :)

I don't have this on my blog; will be posting pics of our trip to CO soon -- but this is a cute idea!!

The Pili Aiga said...

Okay, I'm finally catching up on the blogs....where do I start? lol

My all time favorite memory is when Janelle was giving birth (a friend of ours from college). Laurie had come to the hospital to bring flowers because she thought the baby was already born. Well, Janelle was right in the middle of pushing. Laurie wasn't sure whether to stay or leave and of course Janelle wanted her to stay. So Laurie's down by our friend's foot, shouting out good job, counting to ten etc. etc. They gave our friend an episiotomy and one of the veins shot some blood out (sorry for the graphics everyone). If you know Laurie at all, you know she was very animated as she jumped back at the squirt and shouted something that I can't even remember. Janelle keeps on pushing, Laurie keeps on counting, and out comes baby Sione. Laurie looks up at me and says, "That was way better than any goat birth". (Laurie raised goats and did 4-H) It was way too funny. And also if you know Laurie at all, you know that if she's nervous she starts laughing and totally can't stop. The laughing started when she entered the room with the flowers...lol...

I noticed that Kristin remembered when you helped her through the temple the first time...we won't head towards your first time through (nervous laughs there too--to say the least :)

Our dumb star wars video...whatever possessed us to do that? We are seriously nerds.

And my favorite memory....Laurie's personality. It's lively and fun and it seems like we always have a great time because you're so upbeat and positive. love ya!
Beck