Sunday, December 30, 2007

Me again. . . finally

How to mess up Christmas organization and nearly halt blogging: Get called in December as the Primary president with NO counselors for two weeks and only three teachers for seven classes. Things are getting together, but my Christmas cards are sadly still unaddressed (I gave up the notion of a letter four days ago, but am still getting around to them). At the rate I'm going, I'll likely eat all the caramel I made (which gave me caramel's elbow, by the way) before I get it delivered.

I will post more--with pictures. Soon, hopefully. I know you all are waiting with baited breath. . . .


(Okay, "no counselors" is a dramatic exaggeration--after one week I did get a counselor sustained, and she even helped me the week before when I had no counselors. I can't disrespect her for that week, even though it sounds better to say none for two weeks. As an interesting side note, her name is Sara R., so now I have two Saras who have been my counselors. Must be something about the name.)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I am so impressed you are even posting. Life gets so hard sometime.

Jessica said...

Hello...the 4 of us in our Primary Presidency are totally busy trying to get a new year ready. I can't imagine being brand new and alone!! Way to endure!

sara said...

Oooh, fancy new calling! You'll be great at that! But what a busy time for the change!

Yes I must admit that Sara is a great name... For a counselor - no thank you to being president :)

Hope you guys had a great Christmas!!

sara said...

Hey Laurie I meant to tell you, I made your famous clam dip last night for New Year's Eve! It was just Aaron & I, so there's plenty leftover today :) Deeeelicious!