My mom and I stood in line outside the Carson City Senior Center for two hours to participate in the Republican caucus. The temperature was in the teens. My mom has an artificial hip and knee. I was glad I wore my mittens. Despite the poor organization of the local party, it was amazing to see the massive turnout, even if it did remind me just a little of stake conference. I also managed to get the woman next to me to vote for Mitt too.
Despite the hardships, it was worth it. By the time I got home, I saw that they were already calling Nevada for Romney. So I took over the kids and sent Dan down to vote too (his doesn't count as much as mine because he didn't have to wait in line). In all, a good start to a Saturday, that and the old-fashioned donuts for breakfast. Yeah!
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

3 comments:
GOOD GOOD job...I just heard and I'm so excited!
You Rock, man, that is cold to be standing outside. I'm so excited.
How exciting to be involved in a caucus -- even though it sounds pretty bizarre to me! We just get to vote in a boring old primary on super Tuesday.
I just heard that "mittens" term yesterday and I keep laughing about it - SO funny!! Oh well; proud to be a mitten :)
Post a Comment