Upon hearing a pitiful crying "Mama, mama, help me," I came into the living room to discover: Nate stuck in one of the boy's shoe boxes.If only I'd known it was THAT type of container earlier.
Warning: Relying upon two straws stuck together to breath underwater is inherently dangerous, because said straws leak. Dangers include, but are not limited to, choking, gasping, swallowing water, drowning, brain damage, and even death. (No worries, Jake is still with us.)
In the more recent windstorm, these neighbors weren't as lucky as they were the last time.
Neither were these neighbors.
Having grown up here, we know this area can get some seriously high winds. But we are all in agreement that this spring has had more high windstorms than any other we can recall. Of course we are blaming global warming. And also President Bush.
Since I was at my 7:30 am meeting, Dan got the boys ready all by himself, AND had time to take pictures, AND was seated in the chapel early.
Hip Hip Hooray for Daddy! He's the best!
In the more recent windstorm, these neighbors weren't as lucky as they were the last time.
Neither were these neighbors.Having grown up here, we know this area can get some seriously high winds. But we are all in agreement that this spring has had more high windstorms than any other we can recall. Of course we are blaming global warming. And also President Bush.
Since I was at my 7:30 am meeting, Dan got the boys ready all by himself, AND had time to take pictures, AND was seated in the chapel early. Hip Hip Hooray for Daddy! He's the best!


14 comments:
You're so funny Laurie. The snorkel comment is a crack up. The picture of the three boys is so sweet. I was thinking...so that's what Laurie's yard looks like :0) I have a similar picture of Trajan stuck in the laundry basket...funny thing, he was 11. Keenan pushed him in and he fell backwards. He would be very happy that I shared this with the blogging world...lol...
Beck
Any of those items would be single-post-worthy :) But they work great as a collection as well.
Yay for dad getting the kids ready for church; that would never work in this house! I don't think Aaron has ever done anything with any of my girls' hair except maybe pulling it into a quick pony out of sheer necessity.
Your poor neighbor!
Cute pictures of the boys! Go Dan Go!
AND had time to take a picture??? I've never accomplished that and I'm the mom.
I love the Sundays when Chad has to get the kids ready- it's always fun to see what they look like when they get to church! I hate it though when he actually gets there early and has the kids looking nice- and isn't totally frustrated with the kids, like I usually am!
Jake is so ingenious! That snorkel rocked! I can't believe those wind storms, crazy! At least you have cool pics. from them.
So funny. Love the box, love the snorkle, I can appreciate the wind damage, and LOVE that daddy got all three boys ready for church AND TOOK A PICTURE! My hubby never takes pictures (he is never on time to church either, but that a different issue).
I must have lower blogging standards because I found each of those worthy of their own individual post.
Wow, your poor neighbors!
Evening more surprising to me though is the story of Dan getting the kids ready for church... I didn't know any man could do that. Amazing.
The boys are getting so big, love the snorkel picture and comment.
Great Job, DAD! Those boys look fantastic!
So, sorry about your neighbors! Wind can do some scary things. I can't believe that one house had problems twice in the same season!
You ARE funny. I love reading your posts. This is a great collection of pictures. That last one is especially cute.
Great post!
That fallen tree freaked me out. Poor neighbors, geez.
Love the snorkel!
And major kudos to your husband for not only getting kids dressed so well, but for documenting it!!!! WOWSERS!
You know, it's been a while since you posted something. Any day now! :)
Post a Comment