Friday, May 16, 2008

Some funny things my kids said . . .


Caution: This may or may not be interesting to any of my readers. However, I thoroughly enjoy my kids' sayings, so I'm putting them here so I don't forget.


Story #1:

Jacob was explaining to Gabe about how his friend Holden told him that when someone dies, you write a note, attach it to a balloon, and send it up into the sky. Gabe began laughing hysterically. Not because he's an insensitive, manly brute (though he may become one), but because he thought it was a ridiculous idea. "A balloon?" he kept asking between fits of giggles. "That's sooo funny! Why don't you just say a prayer?"

Story #2:

Gabe to Mommy at dinner: "I love you all the way to Pluto!" (Apparently the moon isn't far enough away.)

Nate to Mommy: "I love you all the way to Mickey!"

Story #3:

Dan to the boys on Mother's Day: "I want everyone to say one thing that they love about Mommy."

Nate: "ONE!"

Story #4

Jacob, after running to retrieve the wipes for Mommy when she discovered Nate's surprise poop in his diaper (yes, we are not fully invested in the potty training yet): "Hmm, that's a tidy poop." It was a very apt description.

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for making my night, love them and so miss the boys now.

sara said...

What a bunch of cuties! I need to write these types of things down more often.

Lauren in GA said...

I loved each and every one of these!!!

I always giggle at what my boys say, too. It amazes me how cute the things kids say are.

Jessica said...

That ONE comment is totally the best. My kids can never come up with anything besides the fact that I cook for them.

I'm not seriously depressed about it or anything. Really.

The Pili Aiga said...

You're smart to write these down. The older I get, the less I remember. I love what kids say. I always said I'd write a book about the funny things kids say in kindergarten...course, now I've forgotten. lol

sara said...

Laurie - did you get my email about Larry Clausen?

Megan said...

thanks for the laughs! I love the one about tidy poop. :)

Valerie said...

Those were hilarious! I love the Mickey comment by Nate. So cute! Owen asked to look at Will's poop the other day too, Weird!

Margaret said...

I love these! So cute that Nate said "ONE"! That had me laughing!