Saturday, June 28, 2008

Does this settle all questions?

blog readability test

So, a couple of my newly-rediscovered 99th Ward friends had this on their blogs. Apparently, I don't write like I spent an extra three years in graduate school. Maybe it's because I quote the kids. At any rate, it's fun to check out your blog's readability and easy too. Just click on the box above.

And for extra fun, I checked out my husband's blog too.

blog readability test

Very interesting. So what if I like country music?

6 comments:

sara said...

Yeah well the last time I did that (several months ago) I think it gave me an Elementary school rating so I'm afraid to try it again! In my opinion the whole thing is arbitrary. I have certainly read some very juvenile blogs with higher ratings than mine; I would like someome to quote quantum physics and then see what the all-knowing blog rater says. Nope I'm not bitter about my own rating or anything :)

sara said...

Okay so I resisted the tempation for 2.3 seconds and then checked it. I remain elementary level. I quit.

Kate said...

I hadn't ever seen this before. I got the same rating as Laurie... "college." And while I did graduate from college, I don't feel like I write like a smarty-pants. That's SO funny that Sara got elementary. Oh brother.

Margaret said...

That's really funny!

Anonymous said...

I did that last year and got a jr. high rating. I really should try it again. Here's hoping for High School!

Anonymous said...

Alright, so I did it again. I got a HS rating this time. Just for fun I typed in a relatives blog. She considers herself to be an educated person, yet cannot write to save her life. Her rating: genius! I was annoyed until I noticed the heading of the test, "What level of education is required to understand your blog." It suddenly made sense. Only a genius can figure out what she is trying to say! I write so well, that any high school student can follow.

It makes me feel better!