Step 2: Invite other primaries to participate because major national holiday falls on a three-day weekend.
Step 3: Advertise in ward bulletin, with the emphasis that parents are not to "drop-off" their children, but are expected to remain as spectators and to bring their own decorations.
Step 4: Play some MoTab music on a boombox (locating one of these antiques was the most difficult step), wave some flags, and lead a parade.
Step 5: Serve OtterPops (remember to freeze in advance, that requires some brain power).
The start of the parade.

Jake is racing.

"Otter" enjoyment!

What a success. I'm totally thinking this should count as a quarterly, but maybe not since only two families from our ward came.




10 comments:
That absolutely should count as a quarterly activity!!! It's not your fault only two families showed up. What a great activity for the kids!
Way to go, looks like the activity ever. Hope you had a great day.
Oh man, that's great! Unfortunately it would be way too hot here to do something like that for a summer activity; those always involve water games. Looks like so much fun though! And seriously, only two families? That lineup in the first picture looks like a lot more than that! I recently became primary 2nd counselor & any ideas you have for me would be super :)
Great job Pres!! I love the green trees in the background...wish we had some of that here :) Shouldn't there be a Christmas Parade too? I mean yeah, there might be snow, but wouldn't sled work? :0) Our excessive heat warning is in effect now, my garden is shriveling, and I hate where I live (at least for today) Enjoy your weather :0)
Loved the pictures of your great primary success story. Loved the pictures of mom and Deann in their fun hats cheering on the kids, so cute.
Sara, there was another ward's primary that came, so that's why there's more in the picture.
brilliant idea... i'm totally suggesting that for an activity - gotta get all these Canadians celebrating the 4th of July.
Love the idea!! I can't believe only two families came! I would definitely use the idea- except that I just got released!!!!!
That was brilliant! I am not in the Primary Presidency anymore but, I may just have to pass this information along.
Love the otter pops! I will make a mental note to remember to freeze them ;)
Super fun idea!
Post a Comment