Saturday, July 26, 2008

How to have a great time with your best friend and only a lame post to prove it.

1. Forget your camera for the trip to Sand Harbor, Lake Tahoe. Trust me, all the kids had a great time playing in the waves, catching crawdads (except for Gabe--the little legs freaked him out), and building sand castles. Becky's kids are so cool and they really got along well with my boys. It was fun to listen to Celine boss Jacob about proper sand castle building techniques and to watch Jake willingly do whatever she asked. Becky and I braved swimming in the cold lake, but even if we'd had a camera, there'd never be a picture of that. Also, I don't have a picture of Wayland cooking the crawdads, nor of Way, Keenen, Logan, Celine, and JACOB eating them (although Jake's were known as "clawfish").

2. Forget to charge your camera for the trip to Virginia City. Everybody loved the ride on the authentic Virginia & Truckee train (I'm thinking about going again in two weeks to see if it will trigger labor). It was also fun to watch Gabe and Jake hero-worship Trajan, Keenen and Logan (I've never seen Jake order mint chocolate chip before, but he HAD to have what Logan ordered). Here's one shot we were able to get on our short-lived battery.

3. Assign your husband to take pictures of the BBQ at Davis Creek. This is the best photo I've got.

For a better summary and much better pictures, see Becky's post here.

P.S. We did get a terrific old-time photo of our family in VC, after much bribery, but we are waiting on the scanning. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Some of the best day have no pictures taken of. Glad you got to see Becky, I love her family.

sara said...

I hate when I forget my camera! You do have at least a few good pictures though :) Fun times.

Valerie said...

I'm so glad that you had a great time with Becky and Wayland and their family. I wish I could've been there. But I loved the pics. anyway.

The Pili Aiga said...

Definitely have to agree about the picture of us swimming in Tahoe...now that would've been a sight huh? next year....thin and everything :) it was an awesome time. Still gotta send the rest of the pictures your way. We had a great time. Your house is super cute....now I can picture where you're at everyday when your boys are going crazy...lol

Lauren in GA said...

I have forgotten my camera more times than I would like to share.

I love it..."clawfish".