Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Spirit

If you can tell what's wrong with this picture, you're smarter than 5 out of 6 people in our family.


It took four days and our visually impaired child to notice. Thanks Gabe!




Thanksgiving post script.

Our thanksgiving day miracle: Nate finally decided to wear big boy underwear and is actually using the toilet!!! This is the boy who refused to succumb to any amount of bribery. He just said no thanks to matchbox cars, new books, and candy (mom was forced to eat it all). He resisted peer pressure and proudly declared: "I pee in my pants. I poop in my pants too."

Truly a reason for giving thanks.

Though to be honest, we're still working on the pooping part. Please don't make us wait until Christmas for another miracle.

13 comments:

Kristin said...

The riendeer should be pulling the sled, right. Yeah for Nate!

April said...

You are the mom of 4 boys- you are allowed to make mistakes like that once in a while!! Yeah for Nate!! Good luck with the pooping! We had that issue with Nikki- yuck!

Laurie said...

For the record, it was Dan who put them up. Since he's tall and all.

sara said...

That's so funny. I did stare at it for a minute...

Yay for Nate; keep it up bud!

Lauren in GA said...

Uh...Santa shouldn't be in front, right?

I loved the potty training update. Congratulations on your miracle! Sorry you were forced to eat all of the candy...it's a tough job ;)

The quote by Nate about pooping and peeing in his pants had me nodding my head knowingly. It has happened here, too. Nate is funny!

Christie said...

NOTHING grosser than poopy underwear. I will pray for you daily.

Ruthykins said...

maybe nate could encourage andrew to try the potty. oh, i had to look at the santa for a while before i got it.

Jessica said...

It took my engineer husband to figure it out for me.

Laurie said...

Yeah, Dan speaking here. For the record, I intentionally put ol' Santa out front of Rudolph, Donner and Blitzen to see if anyone would notice. :-)

Merry Christmas to all!

danrdavis said...

Sure Dan...That's what she said.

Laurie said...

Three words honey: Full of it!

rachel said...

Your house sounds like mine with the peeing but no pooping part. He just WON'T go in the toilet. ((sigh)) It'll happen, right??

It took me way too long to figure out what was wrong with your picture. It shouldn't have taken me that long...

Great posts! It's been fun playing catch up on your blog. Enjoy your Christmas and I hope for the both of us a poopy Christmas miracle!

Valerie said...

That took me a second, and then I had to just laugh out loud. So funny. I guess it would be pretty hard for Santa to really go anywhere. That's awesome that Gabe pointed it out. I love that kid! And yay for Nate!