Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Biggest Birthday Party Ever (Dan Also Calls It the Most Relaxing One We've Ever Thrown)

The dynamic duo of Owen and Nate had a super-combined birthday party. It was a:


Ball-throwing;

Wall-walking;

Astroblaster-pinning;

Baby-holding;

Lunch-eating;

ATV-riding;

Trike-racing, hoop-tossing;

Rocket-launching, moon-landing;

sort of party. Great fun. Hooray for four-year-olds!

On Nate's real birthday the next week, we had a simple family dinner with cake. Actually cupcakes, because that was Nate's request--"I think everyone will like cupcakes." He specifically wanted an ATV on his cupcake, with everyone else just having a plain cupcake.

Unfortunately ATVs are hard to find, so the three-wheeled Harley had to do. Nate was heartbroken that his birthday cupcake didn't match up with his expectations. But he got over it . . . eventually.

6 comments:

whit said...

What a fun party! Koll and Nora had a wonderful time.

Kristin said...

I swear Nate has the best faces! So glad we got to be there.

carrie @ the boonie life said...

I love the look on his face in the last picture. Great capture! Wow, girl, you can throw some parties! I want to come to the next one! ;)

Ruthykins said...

sounds like it was a really cool party.

Lauren in GA said...

I am glad he got over the ATVless cupcake. He is funny. I like the faces he makes in your pictures.

{d + l + p} said...

oh nate, you're too cute. sounds like you had a million "back-ups" if things went south. great pics!!! :)