Wednesday, September 2, 2009

K-Fed Connection

I spent a thoroughly enjoyable day shopping with my sister and our four boys today (no sarcasm here, it really was enjoyable, probably because my oldest two non-shoppers were in school!). As a result, I did not access the internet until this evening. At dinner Dan asked if I'd seen the new Kevin Federline photos. When I responded negatively, he lamented my shameful ignorance of all the world's important news today.

So, I went online and saw the photos, which by the way, really motivate me to get back on the elliptical. But that's beside the point.

My point (and yes, I am taking my time getting there), is that these new photos reminded me of something I noticed in passing when I was browsing Facebook (the greatest time suck of all time, thank you Jessica Romney). In a section labeled "I went to school in Carson City Nevada," I stumbled upon this photo from the 1984-1985 Gleason-Bray-Bordewich Elementary School yearbook:


Do you see what I see?

Now, this wasn't my elementary school, and I was in either fifth or sixth grade at the time, but the point is this:

I WAS IN CARSON CITY IN 1984-1985 WITH
KEVIN FEDERLINE!!!



And I'm not talking about some nobody who happens to have the same name as a semi-nobody celebrity, I'm talking the real deal. Read this article for verification (I totally adhere to the whole "trust, but verify" concept of parenting).

What do you know? It really is a small world.

9 comments:

Kate said...

Wow... I hadn't seen those photos either. (And Quinten was pretty surprised that I hadn't seen them.)
And you're pretty much famous now. Who knew? ;)

sara said...

You ARE practically famous!

Kristin said...

Too crazy, that would make him a year younger than me, oh the chances I could have had to meet him. Funny.

Danika said...

Look at the catch you missed out on...I personally think you did MUCH better with Dan!

My sister was in the same middle school class as Nicole Eggert (starred in "Charles in Charge" & "Baywatch"). And my dad met Jay Leno and talked to him in a store for about 1/2 hr. That's about the extent of my "famousness". Unless you count my trip to see the "Regis & Kelly" show where I got to see Denzel Washington, Larry the Cable Guy, Wentworth Miller, and Chris Brown all in the same hour....

Ruthykins said...

personally, i don't know anybody famous. i had a friend who made it to the top ten in the jr miss america pageant. then she worked at disney world as a dancer. she's probably the closest to a star that i've ever known.

{d + l + p} said...

oh my.
AND i could not have enjoyed peter's birthday post any more. SO CUTE. love him.

Jessica said...

Hey, lady, I'm off the FB, in case you haven't noticed. TOO much of a time suck.

Lauren in GA said...

I am so glad that I can comment again on your blog because I would have hated to miss telling you how awesome that is.

I also commented on the last two posts in case you don't get them in your e-mail...I just wanted to tell you how adorable your birthday boy is!!

Tricia Coleman said...

Now I know someone who could of known someone. This is totally awesome. You've just uplifted my evening.