A short list of things that I am tired of today:
1. Pete peeing through his overnight diapers and waking up soaked to the armpits.
2. Laundry. And folding laundry.
3. Making dinner and listening to the children wail and moan "That's ugly! That's yucky! I hate that! I don't have anything to eat!"
4. Trying to fit my recyclables into ridiculously small crates (yes, I even requested an additional crate). It's overflowing, and there's still another week until they're picked up. Come on Waste Management, gimme a giant can with wheels!
What's your peeve today?
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

10 comments:
#3 Reminds me of when Koll tells me to never make something again, as we are eating dinner. Or, when he says,"why did you give me too much!," when I gave him less than Nora, and she is on her second serving.
I just did laundry two days ago, and yesterday, and well, I need to do it again today. I guess yesterday was because of bed-wetting, and Koll picking his nose, and bleeding all over a blanket.
Whiny kids, potty training, boys not aiming into the toilet, Hubby's who get to eat out at nice restaurants for work while I stay home eating leftover. I better stop or I'll go on all night.
I have noticed that the backs of my arms are cold. M whole body is fine. But the backs of my upper arms are freezing.
I have to say boys that can't aim is right up there with mine too, since I am always cleaning that up, a hurricaine 17 month old, dishes, bored with making dinner... And I'm with Kristen, I better stop or I will NEVER stop...
Dishes. Dishes that multiply and replenish my kitchen. And the lack of a "dishes fairy" to whisk them away.
Oh and dog hair everywhere... she's still shedding, even in the dead of winter.
[but I do get to go out for dinner tonight so it's nice to have something to look forward to!]
I agree with all of this. Last week I finally said outloud, "The laundry will never be done...I need to just be at peace with it."
I'm still not at peace.
I hate how often and how much I have to pick up X-Box things. I carefully wind up the cords. I carefully chose a box for all of the things to fit in. I put all of the disks back in their cases. Have I *ever* even played on the stupid X-Box? No. Why the heck do I take care of it?! And then there's the legos...everywhere. And I picked up and put away a jumprope *4* times today. Obviously, it wasn't because *I* was using it! :o)
My new lecture to my fellow housemates is : "If you care about it, you'd better care for it!!" If you don't care enough to take care of it, then I'm tossing it, 'cause I certainly don't care about it!
OH, and I'm just barely starting to come out of a cooking/menu planning slump that has lasted around 6 months due to your exact same complaints as #3. Why the heck should I spend 30-120 or more minutes fixing dinner (which I didn't want to do in the first place) to hear you whine and complain about it?!??! It's just easier to spend 10 minutes making mac-a-cheese or grilled cheese for dinner to hear those same complaints. A lot less time wasted.
Having to watch what I eat SO DANG CLOSELY every single day of my life.
Ugh. Can size 12 just me in style already?! I'm that size really easily.
Sinus infection. Been sick pretty much every other week since December.
I'm bored with myself. So I'm my own pet peeve.
Hang in there!
Hey! I was having the same issues with Brooklyn peeing through her clothes every night and I found a miracle diaper for her. (maybe you've already tried these... but just in case...) They are the pampers in a purple box and they say something like "over night, long car rides, 12 hour protection..." I don't have the box right now, but I can get the exact wording next time i'm at walmart (let me know if you want me to). They are different than the pampers baby dry in the green box (which also advertise 12 hour dryness- for my kids they didn't work) I also bought one size up in the purple box just for some extra protection. Now, Brooklyn has never woken up with wet clothes. They are expensive... but I only use one a night,and use cheep diapers during the day. Seriously, can you put a price on sleep??? good luck!
Post a Comment