Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Where's Uncle Matt When We Need Him?

Martin Luther King Jr. holiday brought housecleaning and wrestling with Dad at our house. Things got a little rowdy.


After two hours in the emergency room, Gabe became the proud owner of ONE staple in his head. He was very brave and didn't cry when the doctor put it in, even though he was really shaking! What we learned: 1) beware of train table corners, 2) head wounds bleed a lot, and 3) navy towels are a good idea in a home with three boys.


5 comments:

Kristin said...

I think I would have put more staples in that one, man it is huge.

sara said...

Yowsa! Those types of things definitely happen more often in houses full of boys... Noah's gotten stitches in his chin but those are the only stitches we've had so far...

Kate said...

OUCH!! Why only one?? My oldest (Tyson) got 3 staples in his head a couple of years ago. It's still a very noticeable scar, especially since we usually keep his hair buzzed. Oh well. Boys are fun and crazy. I love them.

Laurie said...

Yeah, I kinda thought, you've already got the stapler out, you can't use it again, why not put a couple more in? But I guess that's why I didn't go to medical school. It is healing nicely so far.

Valerie said...

Poor little Gabe. His shirt looks pretty awesome with the dried blood on it. Makes it looks pretty gruesome. I'm glad he was brave. I know my days of injuries like this are on their way with my two little guys.