Unfortunately, it was in the "Past Pages" section. Does it get any worse than that?
Can you guess which one is me?

Actually, it does get worse. Sadly, this not the first time my name has appeared as a historical tidbit.

***Just a few minor corrections: My paper "The Confusion of Black and White in Othello," won the Phi Kappa Phi Outstanding Humanities Paper and the Outstanding Sophomore Paper for the entire university, which had a student body of approximately 27,000 (not the sophomore class). My name is even on a plaque at the Lee Library. I force my children to pay homage to it every time we're in Provo--a pilgrimage of sorts.
But on the bright side, I've got a opportunity to toot my own horn and reminisce about when I was something other than Gabe, Jake, Nate, and Pete's mom. When I wrote outstanding scholarly papers with titillating titles like: "The Federal Crack and Powder Cocaine Distinction for Sentencing: Slamming the Door on Equal Protection" and "China's One-Child per Couple Policy: A Violation of Human Rights." You know you're good when your titles include colons.
So now I'd like to know. What achievements appear in your "past pages?"
P.S. Can you tell somebody learned how to scan?

6 comments:
THat is great. I didn't even know that the paper was doing "past" pages. And it's not surprising that you come up with such great titles...who are you kidding...you love to name things, and put a lot of thought into it. I remember visiting your plaque at the BYU library as well and felt so cool showing it to my friends when I was a freshman.
I want to see the plaque! Anyone up for a trip to Provo? Need your hair cut, Laurie?
Congrats on your BYU writing honors...and learning how to scan!
I've never been mentioned in the paper by name...only when I was injured and they called an ambulance so it was officially recorded in the city section under "emergency calls"!
Impressive!! I never knew about that BYU thing; of course I didn't know you yet then. 27K sophomore class; can you imagine graduation!
Well the only time I've appeared in the paper (that I know of) was when my 1st grade class visited a pet store and there was a photo of me and Scott McCabe looking at some turtles. So... not much!
Were you this famous when we were living together, or did this happen later?
I am seriously impressed!!!!!
My plaque would say, "Made it through the day without needing a nap."
I would make my family pay homage to the plaque, too!
Post a Comment