Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Three Days in Tahoe

Summer's in full swing, as evidenced by our spending three days in a row at Lake Tahoe.

Day 1 (actually night):

Boat ride and dinner from the Tahoe Keys to Emerald Bay with Captain Angie and friends. Good food and great fun. I'll tell you, you haven't seen Lake Tahoe until you've see it by boat.



The island in the middle of Emerald Bay.

Vikingsholm.
It's pretty far way, but I think you can see it better if you enlarge it.

Day 2 (actually afternoon and night):

Reunion with high school friend Julie and her family at Emerald Bay State Park campground. A quick kayak and dip in the lake, dinner, and s'mores. Also chatting nearly nonstop to catch up on the last ohhh, 18 years (but who's counting).




Day 3 (actually all day):

Nevada Beach. More kayaking. And something new.

Sailing with Shane.
And a capsized sailboat by Dan with a freaked out Gabe
(who admits he will go sailing again, but only with Shane).


Sand burying.

No napping.


Wave jumping.


Now really, doesn't that make you want to plan your next vacation here? Just wait for the Shakespeare Festival at Sand Harbor.

4 comments:

sara said...

Beautiful! Aaron just asked me the other day if I've ever been to Lake Tahoe. I'm not sure if I have or not! It sure looks pretty.

Kristin said...

I'm still hot from our afternoon hike, I so want to jump into the ice cold lake, it looks wonderful.

Lauren in GA said...

Yeah, nothing like a capsized boat to add to the excitement!!

I love the pictures. Thanks for taking the time to link...I have never been to Tahoe and I am nosy so I liked clicking on the links.

Tricia Coleman said...

I just want to know how much stuff did you have to haul across the sand to have an enjoyable Lake Tahoe. I have a system down. A system where people stop and stare. That's probably why I tore my rotator cuff this summer. I love Lake Tahoe. We've bought our pass in June and used it so many times it's already paid for itself.