It appears that turning
eight is reason enough to celebrate for over a week.
Two Fridays ago we celebrated Gabe's 8th birthday with his school friends. I only do a "friend" party every other year; I'm trying to maintain some sanity. This year Gabe wanted a bowling party.

This being Nevada, of course the bowling alley was attached to a casino. Which wasn't a big deal, except that Nate asked one of the seniors heading into gamble if he could give him some money (for the arcade). The man declined. Nate was confused, probably because whenever the kids ask us about casinos, we tell them that's where people go to throw away money.

My bowling ball cupcakes. I tried. Oh, and they're chocolate.
We celebrated his actual birthday on Monday by sharing chocolate cupcakes with his class and by eating out at IHOP with his grandparents and Aunt Valerie and Uncle Rob. Don't think we were shortchanging him--it's his absolute favorite restaurant. But we also didn't tell him that kids ate free.

After dinner it was cake and presents. What goes well with chocolate chip pancakes? Chocolate cake! Whose kid did you think he was anyway?

And his favorite present? The one from his brothers that Jake helped pick out with the declaration "Gabe's going to be so happy, I think he might even hug us!" The truth must be told that I had originally vowed not to purchase any of
these toys when the kids paused TV and skipped back to show me the commercial. Water? Check. Mess? Check. Potential for mold? Check. Mom needs to clean up? Check. However . . . it was on sale, and Jake convinced me to cave. Four little boys and a couple big ones were fascinated.

On Tuesday Gabe attended his first ever pack meeting. I'm thoroughly convinced the BSA is engaging in some serious price gouging.

Thursday was costumes and Halloween parties at school. For you non-Nevadans, that's because Nevada Day is October 31st, and we always get a day off school. Isn't my little seeker the cutest?

So, that left Friday with no school and no work for Dad and Gabe's uncles. So we scheduled Gabe's baptism.

He's so cute, I mean handsome, in his sportjacket. And the refreshments? Chocolate cookies and milk, of course.

We really need more practice taking family pictures.
And we still had to go trick-or-treating that night!! (In the capital city, trick-or-treating is scheduled the day before, so as to not interfere with the Nevada Day Parade.) Costume pictures coming up next.
10 comments:
My Maya isn't a chocolate fan, I'm still trying to figure out how she can still possibly be my daughter...
Your all boy family is so darn cute! I will have to get some advice as my little guy gets older since all we know is girls around here.
Wow! What a week! Gabe's such a cutie; EIGHT is such a milestone. And you're right about scouts and price gouging :)
What a week! Happy Birthday to the best little boy ever! So glad he got a week worth of celbrating, it will help him remember the wonderful week. Wish we could have been there.
My teeth are hurting just from reading about all that chocolate!
And I've already been forewarned about scouting and how much to start saving now...
Congratulations, Gabe!
...and that's just the beginning with the money you'll be shelling out for scouts.
love the seeker costume. he looked fantastic! the family picture made me laugh out-loud. each of their expressions told a different story. love it. can't wait for your next post!!
Awww, Happy Birthday to your big boy Gabe! And congratulations on his baptism.
I laughed so hard about Nate asking for money...I mean, why not...if they weren't gonna use it and were just gonna throw it away...
Oh, and that seeker costume is fabulous.
Handsome little devil...I mean saint. Congrats Gabe!
So glad we got to be a part of Gabe's week of festivities. We wouldn't have missed them. Bowling was fun, IHop a blast, and all the chocolat...to die for. Yes, Gabe is such a cute little 8 year old and he definitely looks cute in his sportsjacket.
Post a Comment