Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I Had a Dream . . .

The other night I dreamed I delivered this baby. The doctor joyfully proclaimed: "It's a girl!"

"Huh?" Said my labor-weary self. "They said it was a boy!"

Trying to make sense of this turn of events, I concluded the baby must be a hermaphrodite.

"It's a hermaphrodite, isn't it?" I argued, assuming the doctor was trying not to shock me.

As if the fact that the baby looked like this wasn't shocking enough:


Clearly, I should have been less concerned with whether the baby was a he/she and more concerned that I had given birth to Cosmo.



What's the strangest pregnancy dream you've had?



11 comments:

leigh said...

wait - so did you find out it is a boy, or that was in your dream?

i never really had any weird pregnancy dreams. unless i'm just forgetting, which is entirely possible.

Kristin said...

Reminds me of moms turtle dream. Too funny.

sara said...

Oh my gosh that's hilarious! I haven't been pregnant since a super long time ago so I don't remember any dreams off the top of my head. But I know when I had the twins in my belly I could not get enough Arby's roast beef sandwiches.

Heidi Ayarbe said...

Funny. I'm a neurotic dreamer. I've NEVER slept through the night, until pregnancy. The best 38.6 weeks of sleep I ever had. Now, I'm back to icky, neurotic dreams, bad dreams, unsettling dreams etc.
Night is not a great time.
:-) (Maybe I SHOULD get pregnant again ... if just for the 40 weeks of sleep! No. I don't think that's a solid enough reason.)

Laurie said...

Leigh, yes, this one is a boy. I've heard a couple cases of the ultrasound being wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Heidi, go for it!

PJ and Annie said...

My weirdest dream was announcing I was pregnant then I forgot I was and then went around telling everyone we were waiting until August to get pregnant. It was a really confusing dream.

whit said...

I was teaching when I was pregnant with Koll, and had a dream that my principal announced over the loud speaker, that my sister-in-law had died. I thought it was a little insensitive. My sister-in-law didn't really die.

Lauren in GA said...

This made me laugh...

I had a dream that I forgot my son Adam's name and he told me, "My name isn't Adam...it's LeShawn."

Strollerblader said...

I am the queen of weird pregnancy dreams!! That was one of the first signs that I was pregnant.

My most memorable was when I was pregnant with my 1st, and *every* night my bishop was in my dream; sometimes as a main character, usually just a cameo appearance, like walking through the background scene. Crazy!!

I guess that "Cosmo" isn't a Biblical name, huh? Too bad.

Anonymous said...

I've never had a pregnancy dream.... nor do I hope for one.

Erika said...

that I was actually pregnant.... worst dream... more like a nightmare actually.