Nate turned FIVE over conference weekend. (Fooled you, didn't I?) This was a significant birthday for him because:
1. 5 has been his favorite number since he was two and a half;
2. He really, really, really wanted Super Mario Bros. for the Wii (to the point of asking every person for it for his birthday, and I do mean every single person he's met in a store or at preschool or anywhere), and he got it; and
3. He entered the age of Legos.
The Top Ten Things that make Nate great are:
1. Every night he sneaks out of bed to get another hug and a kiss. He always says, "I'll give two hugs and kisses to Mom because I love her the most, and I'll give Dad one hug and kiss, because that's almost the same."
2. He may or may not have difficulty distinguishing reality from Wii-ality.
3. He enjoys watching his brothers play Wii as much as he enjoys playing it.
4. He loves to read Curious George stories.
5. He'd pick waffles and strawberry milk every morning if we let him. And we very nearly do.
6. His best friend is his cousin Owen.
7. He still believes he can pedal faster on his tricycle than he could on his bicycle.
8. He's very inquisitive.
9. He's very good about wearing his glasses. He's not very good about keeping his glasses in one piece.
10. He's a great cuddler. And he really loves his blankets.

5 comments:
Happy Birthday to your adorable Nate!
I love that he asked everyone he saw for the Super Mario Bros. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
Wii-ality! I love it. Sounds a lot like my five year old. They would be great friends.
Happy Birthday Nate! I love this list.
Cute boy. Happy birthday, Nate! I love the sneaking out of bed to give hugs and kisses. How can you get mad about him getting out of bed when he is so charming?
I saw the title of this post in my reader, and thought you were announcing kid number 5.
Happy Birthday Nate!!!
Post a Comment