Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Shine

I'm thinking Jake might have the shine.
Judge for yourselves.



See it?
January 2006


Still there.
January 2006



Again.
August 2006


Still.
January 2007

Now, I don't know whether he really sees "dead people," but he does have some pretty definite opinions on it for a four-year-old. For instance, he understands the resurrection as literal and immediate. When doing burials at sea for our goldfish (flushing), he sends them off with a "Have fun coming back alive in the ocean!"

He also does not respond appropriately when warned that a particular activity will result in serious bodily harm or even death. "That's okay, because I'll come back alive again."

And he wasn't satisfied with the answer "in heaven" when he asked where his great nana's great papa was. That night he prayed: "Bless all the dead people to come back to life. Tonight. And to sleep warm in their beds." Sooooo, if you feel a bump in the night, thank Jake.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Hi. This is Sara P.'s sister, Kate. I know we met a long time ago... And I know Sara is so thrilled to have another real-life friend in blogland. :) Right, Sare??
So Laurie, I just had to tell you that I LOVE the title of your blog. I kind of want to steal it... but I won't. :) I was just watching The Office from this week(recorded from Thurs.) and laughing so hard at the "that's what she said" part.

Your boys are darling and say the funniest things. And the whole shine thing is a little creepy. :)

Kristin said...

So see all the different hair cuts is to much fun. I love it.

sara said...

Ooooo spooky! Yeah, our kids are kind of obsessed with resurrection too. All the time they refer to "our second life," like, "such-n-such will be like this when we have our second life" and I think they're a little confused about the when part of it :)

What a bunch of cute boys you have!

And yes, I am very excited to have another real-life friend in blogland!!

Erika said...

what adorable little boys - those bathtub photos will be great in a wedding video someday and aren't you glad you're writting all the cute things they say down!

Valerie said...

This is hilarious, Laurie! Gabe and Jake both kill me with what they say. The Blog looks great!

Jessica said...

All boys are darling!