Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Tire Party


For Gabe's sixth birthday, he requested a "tire party." Seriously, the kid loves the smell of tires.
I used the whole bottle of black food coloring in the double batch of chocolate frosting (note to others: black food coloring looks gray when frosting is wet, it dries darker). The kids looked like they were eating TAR!






Dan took his responsibility for making "gasoline" labels for the rootbeer very seriously. The kool-aid is nitrous (I actually suggested "radiator fluid," but Dan vetoed that as "not even funny").



5 comments:

Erika said...

Welcome to the blog world. So glad you're up and running. I loved the Disneyland/family vacation post! Plus, you should get some sort of award for this birthday party. Seriously - it looked fun. love all the pics. You haven't changed in 10 years!

Jessica said...

Cute kids! And your boys all look so different. And SUCH a fun title. Please post more often than Erika...thank you.

Kristin said...

You so should have done the radiator fluid, I love it.

sara said...

Love the comment that radiator fluid is not even funny. You guys crack me up. I'm so glad we get to see & read about all your adventures now!

whit said...

turned out very cute. or i guess i should say very manly. i hope you had a tire candle burning in the background.