I have an ongoing list in my head of projects on which I am behind. Like seriously behind. Here's hoping if I put them in print I'll get busy, or at the very least some of you can encourage me (gently, I'm rather stubborn and don't like other people bossing me around) to complete them.
Things on which I am behind:
1) The baby quilt I started for Gabe. I just have to miter the border, put it together, and bind it. Only I don't know how to miter. So it has sat in my sewing basket for the past 6 years. I will finish it, I will. Someone please, just tell me how to miter. Oh yeah, and bind it.
2) The baby scrapbooks for the boys. All three of them. Now, I'm not a scrapbooker. I am, however, a devoted baby picture getter. I've got all the boys' professional baby pictures sitting in a pile (except for the ones in frames). I have a vision of how I want the pictures positioned on pages in a beautiful album. I see the birth announcements, with envelopes, on the opening pages. I even have few supplies. But I have nothing to show for it. I mean, if I don't put these books together, it's like I never even bothered to take the pictures at all. And Gabe and Nate look so much alike in their baby pictures that if anything ever happened to me, no one would know who is who (yes, even Dan can't tell). I thought kindergarten was a nice deadline by which to have this finished, so then I could start a school-years binder. I'm behind. Is middle school too late to shoot for?
3) My family recipe book. Two years ago our family compiled almost all of our favorite recipes into a Word document. My sister and mother printed theirs out and are using a binder and the recipes. I'm still digging through a teeny box with small recipe papers (when I do cook). I have a binder I bought with cute printable recipe paper. If I start on this, I could once and for all correct all the times my mother writes "1 C." and really means "1 can" instead of a cup. And the only way you'd know what size can is if you'd seen her pantry. I just need to do it. I'm sure if I complete it, I will cook more often and my family will be happier and healthier.
4) My period. Yes, I'm now about 11 weeks behind on that. Which explains some of my panic about the above items. If I don't get those completed before the end of August, there's no hope of them getting done for at least two more years. And I have this crazy theory that I keep having boys because I never finished Gabe's quilt! (My other theory is that Dan is such a cougar fan he only makes Y sperm.) Is it too late? If I complete it before the ultrasound could that change the outcome? Regardless, I really do need to finish these projects. I mean, at least one of my kids should enjoy the quilt with 2 inch squares that I painstaking sewed together individually, before I learned about strips. Anyone ready to pick a "Finish Up Saturday" so we can report to one another about all the things we finally completed?
Pigs And Dogs
3 days ago

5 comments:
I know we have just met~ but I feel at liberty to say, WE ARE A LOT ALIKE! I am 10 years behind on scrapbooking my kids' pictures. The way I know that I am 10 years behind is, well, my oldest is 10...
Most of my recipes are in a wad in a box! I have a family recipe book that I have only put about 1/2 the recipes in, and then I just keep going through the aforementioned wad to find what I want. I need to just sit down and sort the rest of the wad into the book...nah, that would be to responsible and organized.
I don't have any unfinished baby blankets...but, only because I have never even started one to begin with. I guess if I never start one, I never have to worry about finishing it, right?
CONGRATULATIONS on being 11 weeks late!!! Besides some little unfinished projects, how do you feel about that? I complained to my husband about being so behind on scrapbooking...saying, I don't seem to have any time to document these kids' lives because I am too busy trying to raise them.
Okay, that was a little long-winded, sorry...I read my husband some of your blog...he said you are a really great writer :) He listened intently to the tomato licking boy story!
Okay, I don't have a statcounter but several people commented on my blog and I have the address for you. They say it is super easy...just follow the directions and voila'! Hey, maybe that is a project that I can finally finish! :D
here is the address...
www.statcounter.com
Hi ho it's me again...I just read the "Is that so" post (among other things) I laughed so hard at your saying, "Birds and the Bees talk, Check."
Hilarious!
I love you, love, love, love you. So what if they all don't get done!! At least you took the pictures, (Adam has all of two shots 3 months and 12 months,) At least you started a quilt, the boys are lucky they have a grandma. At least you are willing to have more kids, so many just end so early and don't get to enjoy the fun of the extra kidos. So heres to you, you will finish everything someday, maybe the quilt will be for Gabes first boy, ha ha.
Hang on a second, is this an announcement?? With the August reference you must be... yes?? I'm a little dense at times my dear and you must spell it out for me! Congratulations Laurie!!
This is why I keep having babies...so I have plenty of excuses to NOT have to do boring projects like that one.
Let me know if it works for you!
(Congrats! I'm glad you came down on the pro side of the Dilemma.)
Post a Comment