Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Friendly Wager


Today is already March 6th (how did that happen?) and a horrifying thought just occurred to me. I only have 11 days until the all-telling ultrasound.

Thus arises the big money question:

Will I manage, in the next 10 days, to complete the quilt I started 6 1/2 years ago and by doing so change the course of history?

(Remember my crazy theory?)

Place your bets below. I'm afraid I cannot offer a prize (other than your own self-satisfaction for being right, which is awfully nice) since there are likely to be multiple winners. May the luck of the Irish be with us all.

10 comments:

sara said...

Are we betting on quilt completion or baby gender? My guesses: maybe and girl!

Remember that quilt we tied for RS for the Kosovo refugees? I finished it about 4 years later... it makes a great picnic blanket. Oops.

Kristin said...

Sorry, I don't see quilt happening, good luck though. I'm pulling for a girl.

Laurie said...

Betting on both--separate categories, but the winner/s will get both right. Remember to bet smart--the solid money's on a boy!

rachel said...

Girl! Girl! Girl! Girl!

Quilt? Not sure... If you're anything like me, you'll pull an all-nighter the night before your deadline! (I'm trying to figure out a way and a time to get my son's first year scrapbook complete before the birth of this next babe.)

Good luck!!

Valerie said...

I'm really going with the luck of the Irish to give you a girl. Maybe you could also eat a lot of Lucky Charms cereal in the mean time.

Jessica said...

I know SO many 3/1 splits. THis is your year!!!

Erika said...

um... congrats. I missed the "I'm having another baby blog." wow! good for you - I'm going with a girl. everyone deserves one of each... without having 10 kids.

Kate said...

I'm going to say NO on the quilt and BOY. I'm a realist. ;) And I'm totally winning the prize.

Rheads said...

Isn't this blogging thing GREAT!
How exciting that you're having another baby! The 4th time is a CHARM! As for the quilt, I vote for sleep deprivation! It's the ONLY way I get things done!

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, If I were a bettin' girl I would say you are having a GIRL!!!!!!!!!


That was selfishly motivated though, I have three boys and I truly want a girl next.