***"I like the mall in Reno much better than the one in Carson. And I really like pooping, because you get to sit and rest."
***"Resting" in the church bathroom, "It's a good thing the church has a fan in here."
***In his prayers, "Please bless the baby to be a boy or to be a girl." At least he's giving Heavenly Father options.
***After watching a proactive commercial: "Mom, that's what you and Dad should buy. It's for pimples. It makes them disappear. You put on just a little at night, and they are gone in the morning. It gives you bea-ut-iful skin." Does he realize it won't make me look like Jessica Simpson?
***After watch a medical alert necklace commercial: "Mom, that's what we need. You can call for help when you fall down." Is this kid a sucker or what?
Also, I'd like to introduce you all to "Licky." This is the dog that Gabe made and named at a birthday party on Saturday. Apparently, Licky requires several naps a day, but only in Gabe's bed, and several feedings, and several baths each day (but only with pretend water). Gabe has enlisted Mom and Dad numerous times over the past two days to help take care of Licky. He even prays for the whole family to be blessed by helping him take good care of Licky.On Saturday night, Mom was assigned to bath Licky (but only with pretend water) while Gabe was having his own bath. The dishes and laundry prevented me from doing the bath before Gabe was out of the tub.
First question, "Mom, did you remember to give Licky a bath?"
Forgive me, but I lied. "Umm," pausing for a moment of reflection and inner dialogue, then confidently responding, "Yes Gabe, I gave Licky a bath."
"Did you take off his collar?"
"Yes, and I put it back on. See?"
"Did you only use pretend water?"
"Of course."
"That's good."
"Yes, he's a good doggy." And I'm a horrible mother. On Sunday night when it was Dad's assignment, he went so far as to wrap Licky in a dish towel. Show-off.
But before you find me lacking in all maternal skills, please notice Gabe's clean blue shirt. Thanks to Clorox 2, it no longer looks like this.

9 comments:
Well I'm sold on Clorox 2, man oh man!
And come on, what mother hasn't fibbed about giving a stuffed animal a fake bath once or twice in her life?
I swear if I'm going to hell for all the little white lies I tell my kids, it is going to be a fun ride.
Oh how cute. I need to get to know your little guy. He is precious!!! I love the "resting" comments. Oh so cute!
And Clorox 2?? Who knew?? You got me sold better than any commercial, I tell ya.
That was truly AWESOME! I love posts about the things kiddos say. I must say....he brings up a very good point about pooping as an opportunity to rest!
I am so impressed that Clorox 2 saved that shirt. Truly a great endorsement.
I would fib about Licky, too. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do;)
You are hilarious just like Jessica!
I remember being able to recite whole commercials...and I believed ever bit of it.
I did a whole post about little white lies. Read it if it will make you feel like a better mom.
http://margaret-hansen.blogspot.com/2008/01/little-white-lie-post.html
I think you're awesome! And the shirt IS very clean now! Good job.
I totally go in the bathroom to "rest" sometimes. It's a quiet place and the kids usually don't bother me. I take my laptop in... or a magazine... VERY restful.
And like everyone else has said, I've got to try that Clorox 2. Boys are messy.
There's more to it than just adding the Clorox 2 into the wash (although I do that with every load of boys' clothes).
To get out the blood, first I soaked the shirt in COLD water. Then I applied Clorox 2 directly on the stains--it bubbled, very cool. I let it sit about 2 days, then I washed it--the first time on cold (I usually do the boys' clothes on warm) and air-dried to be sure there were no stains I missed.
Now you know my ancient chinese secret.
What do you mean?? I TOTALLY looked like Jessica Simpson when I used Proactive?!
Those were hilarious Gabe quotes! And his new friend, Licky, very cute. You're seriously like a laundry goddess. You can do things with laundry that normal people can't...his shirt looks great!
Post a Comment