We celebrated the 17th in style.

When did leprechaun traps become an essential part of the elementary curriculum? We can't say "God" or even mention Christmas in public schools, but my children
now have a fervent belief in and knowledge of
leprechauns.
The boys are painting shirtless in preparation of growing into men who work outside shirtless (thank me in 10 years, girls).
Jake is very disappointed he didn't catch one.
Because he thinks they are real.
Gabe is still upset I didn't realize 1st graders also made the traps (I'm guessing the papers got mixed on Friday in the peechee scramble, and I assumed it was only a kindergarten project). Mom failure number one.

Nate is truly a little hooligan. Preschool suspension, probable expulsion = mom failure number two. Sigh.
(Not letting the teacher, who didn't inform me of his issues for more than six months, off the hook though.)
Pete.
This one I would like to suspend at this age forever.
Oh yes, I did take it that far.
Whatever . . . you know you wish you had the guts.Mom failure number three: Completely forgetting to take dinner into my visiting teachee.
Crap. Must have been those leprechauns.By the way, I've decided to boycott the daylight savings time change from here on out. Who's with me?
6 comments:
Okay now I need to know the story with Nate.
And your tights rock. I wore such a very bright green shirt today and didn't even leave the house, although there would've been pinching a-plenty around here had I not complied with standard St. Pat's procedure. Noah informed us sternly this year that green eyes do NOT count.
Love the pictures.
Oh and finally, daylight savings time is dumb. Move to AZ where we don't have it, but all our cable TV shows and nationally syndicated talk radio shows shift an hour twice a year and we have to re-memorize what time everything's on. It's annoying!
Love the tights! Can't wait to see all your guys in person.
Wow! What a day for you!! I can't believe they make traps!! Crazy!! Fun, but weird! And just so you know, just wait until they get older- many more Mom failures ahead!!! I've just learned to brush it off!!
Love, love, love the tights! I would have worn them! And what is Nate's preschool deal?! I'm sure there's a good story behind that one!!
i don't understand why we can celebrate st patrick's day and even call it that, but we must not talk about christmas. Saint Patrick. he's a saint. that's religious. whatever.
I'm with you my Sista'...down with Daylight Savings!
Those tights are so fabulous I am lightheaded!!!
Pete looks positively scrumptious in that picture.
You know you bring up a great point. It is a bit ironic that we can't mention God but leprechauns are a major part of the cirriculum.
You aren't a bad mom. I just wanted to say.
You do have the guts. LOVE the tights. Couldn't be that brave if I tried.
Post a Comment