Fun summer activity for a 6-year-old:
1. Leave bakugan toy on the floor and break it. Imagine that.
2. Scream and cry about it. Keep crying even when mom tells you dad will try to fix it when he gets home.
3. Climb onto kitchen counter to retrieve unopened superglue from top shelf of kitchen cabinets.
4. Open superglue.
5. Run screaming through the house with superglue covering all fingers on both hands, and both palms.
6. Try to wash off superglue, in the bathroom.
7. Scream and cry more. Run around house more.
8. Have mother unsuccessfully scrub superglue with non-acetone nail polish remover.
9. Scream and cry some more.
10. Have mother painstakingly peel off big globs of superglue, rather unsuccessfully.
11. Scream and cry some more.
12. Follow mother's advice and rub lotion into hands, which miraculously removes superglue.
13. Repeatedly plead: "Please don't tell dad."
14. Disappear when mother discovers, hours later, approximately twenty puddles of dried superglue on kitchen floor.
15. Cry and beg mother not to tell anyone about the superglue incident.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

7 comments:
I hear you! We had a similar day until 4 almost 5 year old finally gave up and took a nap :)
Oh, my. Sounds like something that would happen at my house.
My kids do that, too...plead not to tell Dad...sometimes I just keep thinking, "Child, you should be more scared of me...
Oh, no...the kitchen floor, too...ugh...
Oh girl. Sounds like a nightmare!
Yuck! Sounds like you handled it well, since the screaming and crying was only coming from the kid, much better then what would have happened here.
I didn't know lotion would get superglue off!! Thanks for the tip! (I'm taking notes for the future!)
Hugs
And I hope today is somewhat less ... sticky.
Yeah, the lotion was dumb luck. Turns out the packaging says to rub with cooking oil if superglue bonds to skin.
Anyway, the cooking oil didn't work on the floor and neither did the magic eraser. And I'm really surprised about that, because that magic eraser is just that--magic. Dan ended up getting all the glue off with a putty knife.
Oh man Lauri, those boys of yours sure know how to get into trouble... Is that from you or Daniel? AND you handled it like a PRO!
Post a Comment